EFFECTIVE DATE:January 1st, 2017
- Through the Clusio Service;
- In e-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you, the Platform, Site, the App, or our other services;
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Site which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Site; and
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Site, the App, or our other services.
Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Clusio Service, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, or any other information the Clusio Service collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law/any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ('personal information');
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Clusio Service, and usage details.
The Site, Platform and App also collect information about individuals when you provide it to us. You are responsible for ensuring that your communication of that information through the Site, Platform and the App complies with all laws, rules and regulations.
How We Collect Information
We collect information in several ways. First, we collect the information directly from you when you provide it to us. Second, we collect the information automatically as you navigate through the Clusio Service. Third, we collect the information from third parties (e.g., our business partners).
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the Clusio Service may include information that you provide by filling in forms on the Platform, Site, or App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Clusio Service, subscribing to the Clusio Service, posting material, or requesting further services. We also may ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Clusio Service. We also may retain records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us, and your search queries on the Platform, Site or App. We also may retain details of transactions you carry out through the Clusio Service and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Clusio Service.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, 'posted') on public areas of the Platform, Site, or App, or transmitted to other users of the Clusio Service (collectively, 'Users Contributions'). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages and you may be able to set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Clusio Service with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Clusio Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain standard technical and demographic information, including Google Analytics reported interest, information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, details of your visits to the Platform, Site, or App, traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Platform, Site, or App, and information about your computer or device and Internet equipment, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is in most instances statistical data and may not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Clusio Service and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to our Platform, Site, or App.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Clusio Service may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Clusio Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons/Pixel Tags. Pages of the Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). We may also include pixel tags in HTML-encoded email messages. We use these pixel tags to gather information about emails sent to our users. When an HTML-encoded email message is opened in an HTML-capable email program, the recipient's computer accesses our server to retrieve the pixel tag file and allows us to record and store the date and time, the recipient's email address, and other standard logging information. These pixel tags may also read cookies.
Information Collected From Third Parties
We may collect information about you from third parties, including, but not limited to, publicly available sources, identify verification services, and credit bureaus. In some cases, this information may include personally identifiable information such as a taxpayer identification number.
How We May Use Your Information
- Present the Clusio Service.
- Provide you with information about the Company and our products and services.
- Provide you with notices about your account/subscription including expiration and renewal notices.
- Notify you about changes to the Clusio Service or any products or services we offer or provide.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features on the Platform, Site, or App.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Look at technical information to analyze traffic to the Site, the use of the Platform or App, to enhance our offerings, and to provide the Clusio Service.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
How We May Disclose Your Information
- We may share personal information with our subsidiaries, affiliates and business successors.
- We may provide information you provide to health care providers and institutions in connection with their interactions with individuals whose information you provide through the Site, App or Platform.
- We may provide personal information to our contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- We may provide personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our users is among the assets transferred.
- We may use the personal information in order to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the 'e-mail a friend' feature of our Site, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt-out by logging into the Platform and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to [______].
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address or other contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by logging into the Platform and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to [_____]. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to [______].
How We Secure Your Information
We have adopted certain measures to protect the personal information under our control from access, destruction, use, modification, and disclosure by unauthorized parties. Our security measures, however, may change or be unavailable from time to time and no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network is 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Information held by us will be maintained for a length of time appropriate for our business needs.
At various times we may offer surveys to users. Surveys may ask for contact information or unique identifying information to increase the value of the results. We use information collected from surveys to improve the Clusio Service.
Third Party Websites
We do not control the information collection and distribution policies on Internet domains other than the Site. When you are on the Site, you may be directed to other sites that are beyond our control. For example, if you 'click' on a link on the Site, the 'click' may take you off of the Site. These other sites may independently collect data, solicit personal information, or send their own cookies to you. We are not responsible for any use of the information, including, without limitation, click-stream data that you may create when using such third party sites.
Updating or Removing User Information
You may choose to correct or update the personal information and other information you have submitted to us by editing it through the Platform, Site, or App. You may also remove the personal information and other information by removing it through the Platform, Site, or App. If you request to have your personal information and other information removed, we will remove it from its active database, though it may remain stored indefinitely in our back-up media and archival records.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us on the Site and/or through the App and/or by email.
Use by Minors
The Clusio Service is not directed at persons under the age of thirteen (13). We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under thirteen (13). If you are aware of a user under the age of thirteen (13) using the Clusio Service, please contact us on the Site and/or through the App and/or by email.
Automatic Software Updates
From time to time we may develop patches, bug fixes, updates, upgrades and other modifications to improve the performance of the App (the 'Updates'). The Updates may be automatically or manually installed without providing any additional notice or receiving any additional user or owner consent. You consent to the Updates. If you do not want such Updates, your remedy is to terminate your account and stop using the App. If you do not terminate a previously created account, you may continue to receive Updates. You acknowledge that you may be required to install Updates to use the App and you agree to promptly install any Updates provided.
526 S Main St
Akron, Ohio 44311
United States of America